- APA Intro Video
- APA Study Guide
- Lets get to know you
- APA Podcast Introduction
- Putting the AP in hAPpy
- Passionate about People, Process and Technology
- Developing the right skills to advance your career in AP
- Hit your reset button
- Creating your personal brand in AP
- Choosing the AP career from Uni
- The Journey of an AP Manager
- Process - Welcome Video
- Career in Accounts Payable
- AP Terminology Video
- Accounting Terminology
- Procurement - Video
- Procurement & Procure to Pay
- Invoice and Transaction Management - Video
- Invoice Function, Handling & Types
- Requisitions and Purchase Orders - Video
- Requisition PO Statement Req
- Procurement Cards - Video
- Procurement Cards
- Payments - Video
- Cash Management - Video
- Cash Management
- Process Quiz
- Supplier Management Video
- Supplier Management - Introduction
- Supplier Management, Access and Control - Video
- Supplier Management - Access and Control
- Supplier Setup - Video
- Supplier Management - Supplier Setup
- Supplier Management and Verification - Video
- Supplier Management - Supplier Verification & Maintenance
- Supplier Relationships - Video
- Supplier Management - Supplier Relationships
- Suppliers Quiz
- VAT Video
- VAT Basics
- VAT Quiz
- Technology - Welcome Video
- AP Technology Solutions
- AP Mail Solutions - Video
- Document Management Mail
- Technology Quiz
- Compliance & Controls - Welcome Video
- Compliance & Controls
- Compliance & Controls Quiz
- Travel & Entertainment Expenses Video
- Travel & Entertainment
- Travel & Entertainment Quiz
- People Management Video
- AP People Management
- Managing and Leading - Video
- AP Leadership
- AP Complaints and Difficult Situations
- Presentations - Video
- AP Presentations
- Key Performance Indicators - Video
- AP Management Performance, Motivation & Training
- VAT Managers - Video
- VAT Managers
- VAT Managers Quiz
- Revise for your final exam, coming up in the next module...
- AP Final Test
- Student Feedback
Accounts Payable Association certified training courses are transforming the AP industry by offering the opportunity to gain a recognised and valued qualification.
Unlike other business functions, Accounts Payable professionals have not had access to certified training from a professional body.
This has led to complaints of no visible career paths, not being appreciated, and feeling undervalued. Individuals that wanted to take actions to advance their own careers had few options.
Managers had no resources to support staff training or succession planning. When interviewing staff there was limited quantifiable evidence of capability available.
In a recent survey we carried out, 70% of AP professionals said access to qualifications and training would assist their professional development.
The APA Induction Certificate is the foundation course out of the courses certified by the APA and is ideally suited to newcomers to the accounts payable profession. The course is completed entirely online (including final exam) within the AP Academy.
The course can also be used by employers as an Induction into their Accounts Payable department
It is proven that employers often look for certification as the differentiator when recruiting thus having a certification in your chosen field will ultimately help in your long term career.
The APA Induction certificate helps you to identify all of the core processes and procedures needed to work within an Accounts Payable function.
After completion of the APA Induction certificate you will receive a certificate awarded by The APA. You will also have the ability to publish your certificate on LinkedIn for future employers and recruiters demonstrating your AP capabilities.
The APA Induction course covers areas such as:
- Accounting Terminology
- Cash Management
- Invoice Function and Handling
- Procure to Pay (P2P)
- and much more - a full curriculum can be viewed below.
APA certified courses give both AP professionals and employers a recognised certification specific to Accounts Payable. Being APA certified can be clearly linked to increase in salary and higher selection for interviews.
Enroll today, simply by clicking Buy Now at the top of this page.
Increased knowledge of Accounts Payable processes
A Certification recognised by leading employers globally
Increased earning potential and career progression
Join the APA member network and attend the APA annual conference
Ongoing support and guidance within your career
“Do I need to buy and learning material?
No, all of the learning materials required for undertaking and successfully completing the course are included within the online learning management system, which you will have access to for 12 months.
“How long does it take to complete the APA Induction course?"
The APA Induction course is a high level overview course which covers all non-management areas of Accounts Payable. This course requires approximately 8-10 learning hours.
“Can my employer pay for me to enrol?”
Yes. Over 90% of individuals enrolling on APA courses seek funding from their employer first. If your employer is willing to fund your enrolment cost, we can invoice your employer and enrol you on the course as soon as payment is received. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to make this arrangement.
“How do I enrol?”
Enrolment is very easy – Simply navigate to the top or bottom of this page where you will find a button ‘Buy £xx’ . Click this button; follow the instructions for enrolment and payment. As soon as you have completed these simple steps, you will receive an email containing instructions on how to begin your chosen course.
“Can I display letters after my name?”
Yes, for those who are APA Induction certified, they can display APAI after their name. For APA Technician it’s APAT and for APA Manager it’s APAM.
“Do I get a certificate?”
Yes, upon completion of your chosen course, you will receive a certificate in the post from the Accounts Payable Association with your unique student number and APA stamp of approval.
“Is there an exam?”
Yes, you can choose which course you feel suits you most – although our advice is not to stretch yourself too far as you may struggle. A general rule of thumb is if you have less than 6 months AP experience, start from the beginning with the APA Induction course.